One of the most popular Magic podcasts, the Command Zone, has launched a Kickstarter to help fund the 2020 season of their spinoff Commander video series Game Knights. The campaign has already passed its initial $60,000 goal in under 48 hours.

The Command Zone is a Commander podcast hosted by Jimmy Wong and Josh Lee Kwai that began in 2014. In December of 2016, they posted the first episode of Game Knights, a Commander gameplay series that combined games of Commander with interviews and commentary. The series has continued for 30 episodes over the last three years and has become the most-watched Magic show on YouTube.

Wong and Lee Kwai want to raise at least $60,000 to help fund the 2020 season of Game Knights. The vast majority of the funds (70%) will be used to cover production costs like cameras, computers, and post-production work, as well as flights and hotels for the featured guests. The remaining 30% will be split between fulfilling campaign rewards (20%) and 10% as a contingency fund.

Expected funding distribution for the Game Knights Kickstarter.

Speaking of rewards, the Kickstarter campaign is offering a wide variety of swag in return for pledges. They range from standard rewards, like credit on the Command Zone website and a Lifelinker background, to a limited-edition t-shirt, commemorative coins, and the chance to audition for the show.

The top tier rewards extend all the way to executive producer credit, a mystery box full of goodies, and an invite to the Command Zone’s exclusive Royal Commander Party.

The Game Knights reward tiers.

The campaign’s only stated stretch goal is to produce more episodes of their other Commander video series, Extra Turns, which has taken a back seat as the production time and costs have risen for Game Knights.

The Game Knights 2020 season Kickstarter ends on Sunday, November 17 at 12 AM Eastern.

Don't Miss Out!

Sign up for the Hipsters Newsletter for weekly updates.